Friday, November 4, 2011

Stuck


I’m stuck in this world of old and new

My heart is being ripped in two.

I love this place I now call mine,

But my heart feels like it’s wrapped in twine.

Ecuador is lovely, its people, and its places

The monkeys, the rivers, the culture (in most cases).

My family is sweet, they care a lot

I feel like I’m in the perfect spot.

The churches are breathtaking

Soup is always in the making

Random things always occur,

There’re some street dogs with raggedy fur.

Cows wander the parks,

You can smell the tree bark,

The bugs are huge,

And people are easily amused.

Vendors line the streets,

Ecuadorians lovingly greet,

The buildings are old

But there’s never any mold.

There’re four distinct parts

But they all remain apart.

Car alarms sound all day

And you always feel you’re being carried away.

The smoke from the buses,

Is enough to start making me cuss.

The traffic is absolutely insane,

To understand when people talk, my ears, I have to strain.

The stairs I have to climb every day,

How strong my legs have become, I can’t say.

Roosters start their crow at four

I really can’t take it anymore.

The more I do and the more I see,

The water, the mountains, the jungle, the trees,

My love for this country grows and grows,

But something in me just knows,

That I cannot remain here forever,

There are some ties that will need to be severed.

I miss my country, my family, my friends,

Hopefully I can find something that mends.

No comments:

Post a Comment